Round 3: Saturday 29 July 2017
Located in the Lincolnshire Wolds, Cadwell Park was established in 1934 by Mr Mansfield Wilkinson of Louth. His sons originally used the land for racing their own motorbikes against each other.
Originally the gravel-drives of the country estate measured 3/4 miles, with tarmac and concrete being added in 1938, with widening and lengthening in 1953, and lengthened again in 1961 with the addition of the Donington Curve.
In 1953 the track was lengthened to 1.3 miles (2.1 km), upon the invitation of the 500 cc motorcycle-engined Formula 3 to race in a traditional bike meeting. Around 30,000 spectators attended that particular race.
The track grew to the current 2.25 miles (3.62 km) layout in 1962 and hosted the British F3 series the next May. Some of the bends are named after family members e.g. Mansfield, Charlie and Chris.
Cadwell is now considered too narrow for high level car races, although Club motorsport associations such as the BARC and 750MC still hold meetings.
Competitively, it is primarily used for motorcycle racing, with the British Superbike Championship round being the biggest event on the circuit's calendar, held during an August weekend each year. In 2010, it hosted an additional BSB meeting on the weekend of 22/23 May.